- Located in Montpellier in the south of France Medilink is a company with a high economic impact in its region, which offers a complete range of DEXA equipment for the detection and monitoring of osteoporosis. The new Medix range combines technology, performance and versatility, ensuring a smart investment. The Medik 90 Team is the perfect tool for anyone looking to combine efficiency and profitability with high standards of accuracy and accuracy when measuring bone mineral content in each region. It has an aesthetic design and excellent ergonomics for the user and the radiologist.
- Digital Fast Beam is an improved version of the traditional pencil beam. Maintains undisputed accuracy and improves scanning times. It is the complete and fast solution, designed to meet the needs of bone health specialists in today's demanding medical environment. Based on reference technology in the field of bone densitometry, the Medix 90 incorporates the Digital Fast Beam, making it a versatile device that allows fast (60 sec.) Exam times without compromising accuracy. Medix 90 calculates bone density at three key sites for detection of the disease: hip, spine and forearm. It also includes measurements such as: orthopedic prosthesis contour, pediatric measurement, DVA evaluation, etc. As an option and through the 3D DXA, it is possible to know the thickness of the cortical bone and the porosity of the trabecular bone. The equipment includes a computer, the control software and the necessary tools for a correct positioning to the patient
- Clinical Benefits The bone density test, also called dual energy X-ray absorptiometry or DEXA, uses a very small dose of ionizing radiation to produce images of the interior of the body, looking to measure bone loss. It is usually used to diagnose osteoporosis and to evaluate the risk of developing fractures in an individual
- Patient Benefits This study requires very little or no special patient preparation. Wear comfortable and loose clothing, avoiding garments that have clasps, belts or metal buttons. Items such as keys or wallets that may be found in the area to be examined should be removed. The patient lies comfortably and relaxed on a smooth examination table and will remain there for a short period, until the technician indicates it. It is worth mentioning that the risks of fractures are affected by age, body weight, history of an earlier fracture, family history of osteoporotic fractures, and lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption. It is important to carry out a questionnaire prior to the study, to consider these factors and thus obtain a better diagnosis.
- User Benefits Medix DR is the ideal device, to create a high workflow in the office, has intuitive interfaces that help the operator to do his work effectively.