- Medilink's latest innovation in bone densitometry is the Medix DR, full body DEXA system. It has the latest 2D - Fan Beam technology, based on a 256 - element detector, which delivers excellent image quality with faster times during exams, making it the ideal solution for all kinds of specialties. The Medix DR has Eazix, a powerful software platform that conveniently optimizes the acquisition, processing, storage and management of information; Saving time and delivering consistent results.
- Narrow fan beam technology, based on a 256-element detector, which achieves a unique image quality and with the DEXA (Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry) acquisition method, patient studies will be carried out with extremely high levels of radiation Low and very fast. Medix DR calculates bone density at three key sites for detection of the disease: hip, spine and forearm. It also includes measurements such as: orthopedic prosthesis contour, pediatric measurement, DVA evaluation, etc. As an option and through the 3D DXA, it is possible to know the thickness of the cortical bone and the porosity of the trabecular bone. The equipment includes a computer, the control software and the necessary tools for a correct positioning to the patient.
- Clinical Benefits The bone density test, also called dual energy X-ray absorptiometry or DEXA, uses a very small dose of ionizing radiation to produce images of the interior of the body, looking to measure bone loss. It is usually used to diagnose osteoporosis and to evaluate the risk of developing fractures in an individual
- Patient Benefits This study requires very little or no special patient preparation. Wear comfortable and loose clothing, avoiding garments that have clasps, belts or metal buttons. Items such as keys or wallets that may be found in the area to be examined should be removed. The patient lies comfortably and relaxed on a smooth examination table and will remain there for a short period, until the technician indicates it. It is worth mentioning that the risks of fractures are affected by age, body weight, history of an earlier fracture, family history of osteoporotic fractures, and lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption. It is important to carry out a questionnaire prior to the study, to consider these factors and thus obtain a better diagnosis.
- User Benefits Medix DR is the ideal device, to create a high workflow in the office, has intuitive interfaces that help the operator to do his work effectively.